Nabil Fekir distances himself from imminent Liverpool move and in no rush to decide future

Lyon forward Nabil Fekir says he is “not close” to a move to Liverpool and will take time to think about his future.

Fekir, 24, has been linked with a move to Anfield as a replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who left Liverpool to join Barcelona during the January transfer window.

But the France international, who is part of Didier Deschamps’ squad for the World Cup in Russia, revealed that discussions have taken place with a number of clubs and he is in no rush to make a decision over a potential transfer.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas had previously said no offers had officially been made for Fekir and that the player had not made it clear to him that he wanted to leave the club.

Speaking to Telefoot on Sunday, Fekir said: “I’m not close to Liverpool.

“It’s true that there are discussions with several clubs. As I said, I will take the time to think.

“It does not matter if I sign or not before the World Cup. As I said, I leave time to do things.

“He [Aulas] knows my desires, and we’ll talk about all of this in the next few days.”

Source.