David Price says “all is ok” after he was viciously knocked out by Alexander Povetkin in their fight on Saturday.
Price suffered the knockout blow from a left hook in the fifth round of their heavyweight bout in Cardiff, ahead of Anthony Joshua’s victory in his unification clash with Joseph Parker.
Liverpool’s Price took to social media on Sunday evening to give an update after the defeat, also saying he would “do it all over again”.
“I took this fight and understood the risks involved, but if you don’t have a go – you’ll never know.
“I’m proud I put it all on the line in front of a massive audience and I’d do it all again. Loved every minute.”
After the fight, Tony Bellew said he was “a little bit heartbroken” to see his close friend Price lose to the Russian.
David Price suffered a brutal knockout blow by Alexander Povetkin meaning the Russian remains the mandatory challenger to Anthony Joshua's WBA heavyweight title
Price had previously suffered four stoppage defeats (although one, against Erkan Teper, was overturned into a no-contest) and had hoped to rejuvenate his career as the underdog in Cardiff.
Povetkin remains the mandatory challenger to Anthony Joshua’s WBA heavyweight title.