Best of Summer Bash 2018

The 2018 Summer Bash took place over the weekend with a full round of Betfred Championship fixtures being played at Bloomfield Road.

The home of Blackpool FC played host to the action-packed event for a fourth consecutive year.

If you missed any of the action, live on Sky Sports, then allow us to take you through the weekend step by step and also share some of the thoughts from coaches and players.

Barrow Raiders 22-38 Sheffield Eagles

Highlights of the opening match of the 2018 Summer Bash

Barrow Raiders and Sheffield Eagles started the feast of Championship matches with Cory Aston scoring a hat-trick to help push his side to victory.

Aston, who recently arrived having signed on a one-month loan from Castleford Tigers, opened the scoring after just five minutes. However, the Eagles trailed 8-12 at the interval after converted tries from Shane Toal and Jarrad Stack

Two tries in the first six minutes of the second half put Sheffield firmly into the driving seat. Another quick double saw them move 26-12 before an all-action finish.

Halifax RLFC 24-18 Featherstone Rovers

Look back at the duel between Halifax RLFC and Featherstone Rovers

Halifax RLFC and Featherstone Rovers were embroiled in a fascinating West Yorkshire derby next with the eventual winners having to work hard for their victory.

Halifax had surged into a 14-0 lead at the break before Featherstone responded in some style to push themselves 18-14 ahead.

However Richard Marshall’s side were not about to taste defeat and instead late tries from Ben Johnston and Scott Murrell handed them their fourth successive Summer Bash victory.

Toronto Wolfpack 28-26 Leigh Centurions

Review the game between Toronto Wolfpack and Leigh Centurions

Toronto Wolfpack and Leigh Centurions finished day one with another thriller and one that kept everyone gripped until the final moments.

Leigh held the advantage, 16-6, after the first 40 minutes and the Centurions then surged into a 26-12 lead with just over a quarter of the game remaining.

Kieron Purtill praised his side's effort in defeat

But, league leaders were not ready to admit defeat though and instead put three tries on the board, with Cory Paterson scoring the third, to level the match.

Ryan Brierley, converting two of the three, would ultimately prove to be the difference as Ben Reynolds missed on a penalty kick on the hooter.

Toulouse Olympique 40-28 London Broncos

Take a look at Toulouse's victory over London Broncos

Toulouse Olympique pushed themselves into second place in the table with their victory on day two of the Summer Bash.

Man of the match Mark Kheirallah ignited the fixture and finished his day’s work with 20 points to his name including two tries.

Sylvain Houles highlighted areas to work on despite Toulouse's win

London Broncos did push their opponents every step of the way levelling the game at 18-18 early in the second half and came back to 24-28 and 28-34 before Kheirallah secured the W for Toulouse.

Rochdale Hornets 12-38 Swinton Lions

Watch highlights of Swinton Lions' victory over Rochdale

Swinton Lions impressed as they secured their first win of the 2018 season in the second game of the day.

Josh Woods, on dual registration from Wigan Warriors, was the catalyst and the man of the match set the tone early.

Alan Kilshaw highlighted that the occasion got to some of his young players

The Lions opened the scoring after seven minutes and held a 12-6 lead at the break courtesy of Luke Waterworth and George Tyson’s tries.

They pushed themselves into a very comfortable 38-6 lead before Rochdale’s final score six minutes from time.

Batley Bulldogs 18-20 Dewsbury Rams

Watch the highlights of Dewsbury Rams’ victory

Dewsbury Rams and Batley Bulldogs finished the 2018 Summer Bash in dramatic fashion.

The Rams scored first, after 14 minutes through Aaron Brown, and would end up taking the spoils but it took some doing.

Matt Diskin reflecting on his side's narrow loss

Batley were the ones with the half-time advantage, 12-6 in their favour, after scores from James Harrison and Reiss Butterworth.

Dewsbury struck first after the break and it was tit-for-tat to poise the encounter at 18-18 going into the final stage. Then, with ten minutes to go Paul Sykes stepped up took the penalty that would end up being the match-winner.