Trump sends ‘condolences and sympathies’ to Las Vegas victims

President Donald Trump responded on Twitter this morning to the shooting in Las Vegas Sunday night that left at least 50 dead and more than 400 injured.

“My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting,” Trump tweeted.

Trump has been briefed on the shooting in Las Vegas and is planning to speak this morning about the tragedy, according to the White House.

“We are tracking for the president to make remarks this morning. Will keep you all updated as details are finalized,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said.

An administration official had said earlier in a statement, “We are monitoring the situation closely and offer our full support to state and local officials. All of those affected are in our thoughts and prayers.”

Over 50 dead, 200 injured in Las Vegas after deadliest shooting in modern US history

Country music artists pray for victims of Las Vegas shooting near concert

Vice President Mike Pence said he and his wife Karen were praying for the victims and families affected by the “senseless violence.”

First lady Melania Trump and President Trump’s daughter and White House adviser, Ivanka Trump, also responded to the shooting.

Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman thanked the first responders.

Nevada Rep. Dina Titus said Las Vegas is a “resilient and benevolent town that will not be intimidated by acts of violence.”

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval called the shooting a “tragic and heinous act of violence.”

The two Nevada senators — Republican Dean Heller and Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto — said they are continuing to monitor the situation.

The responses from Congress members came pouring in as many awoke to the tragic news:

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif.

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La.

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah

Source.